Monday 11 October 2010

NEC in use statistics?

We get quite a few queries on the use of NEC contracts - who, where, how many etc. We get such questions coming as part of student research and from potential clients in particular, looking to assess the market's knowledge of NEC before they implement NEC in their organisations.

I recall a good few years back that NEC Users' Group members were asked to feedback some brief contract particulars to help keep some sort of basic handle on NEC use, alas very few replies were received.

The only 'independent' survey of contracts in use to my knowledge comes from the RICS and this is, in my opinion, flawed to render it almost useless. I will separately blog why I feel that way soon.

Any ideas therefore as to
(1) Do we actually need some statistics on who, where etc?
(2) How do we capture reliable data, and do so both timely and efficiently?

Look forward to your thoughts.

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment